Wednesday, September 26, 2007

On my own now?

Well... last September 1st I finally went out to be on my own... hahaha! Well, to some of my friends this is a bit tiring since I have moved out twice this year already hahaha! Can't really make up my mind... but yeah... this time around is different: I AM ON MY OWN...


It was a mixed feeling of excitement and anxiousness... Really... I am so excited to finally have a place of my own... I feel so grown up... hahahaha! Most of all, it feel so liberating... yet I am also a bit scared: loneliness, errands, responsibilities all sorts...


Well... the first 2 weeks was not that good at all but still I know I am blessed... I slept on the floor with matress on, I only have Electric Iron, Ironing board, electric pot, some kitchen utensils, and my books... I was even sick on the first week. Maybe it has something to do with the paint fumes... but wait I have some interesting stories to tell:


There was this day when I went down to get something assuming that I left the door unlocked... when I came back... it was locked. I was on my PJ's and yeah the keys are inside so I have to climbed through the tree, off to the roof then to my window... well... it was quite liberating when I managed to get in through the Window Grills... I need to destroy the lock and really I did it... using the Saw and hammer... Well... I'm a big girl now... Later that night, I went to buy lock for my window... I know you will laugh your heart out if you'll know that the following day I did the same mistake again... but since there are still good people left... someone came to help... a Neighbor of mine... and yeah He is married... hahaha... so not another romantic story... hahaha...


Want more? Well... the reason why the apartment is quite cheap compare to the usual rent here in MAKATI is simply because... it gets flooded everytime it rains. Yeah... it can go as high as your waist. I am not kidding...well... that's what the people said but yeah... one day I'll take a picture and I'll post it here. Though twice this month already, I managed to ride a "PEDICAB" (its a bicycle with a side car, that's the best definition I can give.... hahaha!) with your feet up... and it was fun! Really it was fun... seeing the kids actually swam through the flood... I know for most its gross especially that the water is so dirty and all... but it reminded me to be grounded and learn from the faith of a child.


Interesting right? Well, this will top it all... I went home late one evening from a weekly meeting with my SFC friends when a man with a child approached me... he was asking for help since the child has been sick for days and it seems that it gets weaker everytime... I was with Ate Cha and so we decided to bring them to the hospital. As per the father, will proceed to Pasay Gen Hospital and so we went... wow... it was a surprised for me since it seems that I went to wrong place... when in fact i knew we were supposed to be in the emergency room... and we really are... its just that the people are so into it already that they don't seem to be panicky about things... well not that they should be panicked but I somehow expect that they will attend to every sick people who came in immediately. Well, since its a public hospital, you need first to buy the things needed before they'll attend to you... and so maybe, its not that critical for them... Will give them the benefit of the doubt... Anyhow, hours passed and it seems that nothing has been resolved. I was asking Ate Cha if we can leave and just give them money since really the family don't have any at all... :-( and I was humbled when she said "will stay a bit, they need us physically here more than the amount we can give"... and yeah... so we spent the whole time, helping the father with the medication for the Kid... comforting the lola who feels so down... asking about the mother? Well... they have issues to solve and so she left just that morning... But there's a light to it: at least they own a house here in the city and that they have people who are renting some part of it. There are just a few lessons we all need to learn... I particularly learned from there. I was confronted by the two things I fear the most: Ending up with the wrong person, at the wrong time and at the wrong reasons and growing old and not happy with my past. Whew! God is soooo good!

Now, I managed to buy some other stuff I need: Refrigerator, Rice Cooker, Mini Table, Some Accessories.... and all sorts... in the words of my friends: "Isa isa lang... you'll get by"
What's the best part: its so liberating and it gives you a better perspective of yourself - now I can finally call this MINE and not OURS! hahaha!

So here's some of the pictures I took... :P



Wanna visit me? :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey vee, couldnt help but laugh about your experiences... you always have that "flair." afterall vee wouldnt vee if not for those bloopers..hehehe...

ny, love your new house.. it's so homey. cant wait to see it in person.

i miss you vee!

Vilma Villacampa said...

hahaha! thanks pot for dropping by... hope ul drop by more often... anyhow... ill be seeing you soon... so ul get to see the real thing... but really kakambal ko na ata ang bloopers... hahahaha!

miss you too... mwahz!